THE VILLAGE BOARD OF THE VILLAGE OF PARK RIDGE ORDAINS AS FOLLOWS:
Section I. PENALTY PROVISIONS
1. General Penalty. Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of Public Nuisance ordinances 10.01 through 10.10 shall upon conviction of such violation, be subject to a penalty, which shall be as follows:
2. First Offense. Any person who shall violate any provision of this ordinance shall, upon conviction thereof, forfeit not less than $1 nor more than $100, together with the costs of prosecution and in default of payment of such forfeiture and costs of prosecution shall be imprisoned in the county jail until said forfeiture and costs are paid, but not exceeding 90 days.
3. Second Offense. Any person found guilty of violating this ordinance or any part thereof who shall previously have been convicted of a violation of the same ordinance shall upon conviction thereof, forfeit not less than $10 nor more than $200 for each such offense, together with the costs of prosecution and in default of payment of such forfeiture and costs shall be imprisoned in the county jail until said forfeiture and costs of prosecution are paid, but not to exceed six months.
4. Execution Against Defendant's Property. Whenever any person fails to pay any forfeiture and costs of prosecution upon the order of the court for violation of this ordinance, the court may, in lieu of ordering imprisonment of the defendant, or after the defendant has been released from custody, issue an execution against the property of the defendant for said forfeiture and costs.
5. Cleaning Up After Pets. The penalty for not cleaning up after pets shall be a $25.00 deposit, along with a 12% Penalty Assessment and $10.00 in court costs, for a total of $38.00.
II. EFFECTIVE DATE
This ordinance shall take effect upon passage and publication as provided by law.