VILLAGE OF PARK RIDGE MONTHLY BOARD MEETING

Monday, July 15, 2013

Village Hall

 

President Tom Gloudemans called the regular meeting of the Park Ridge Village Board to order at 5:30 p.m.  Trustees Kathy Budelier, Gordon Renfert, Patricia Baker and Jim LaMar were present.  Also present was Fire Chief Ron Slicer.

 

Agenda – Renfert moved to approve the agenda.  Seconded by Budelier.  Carried with no negative votes.

 

June minutes – LaMar moved to approve the June minutes with the corrected spelling for Sgt. Mike Lukas’ last name.  Seconded by Budelier.  Carried with no negative votes.

 

June Treasurer’s Report – Budelier moved to accept the June Treasurer’s report.  Seconded by Renfert. The Clerk reported that she had received the first half of the recycling grant and all of the 2013 Fire Dues.  She expressed concern regarding the Humane Society’s lack of communication in following up on delinquent dog licenses.  One is still outstanding – the only one the Humane Society has been asked to pursue – with no response from the executive director.  Budelier offered to make contact with the Humane Society.  Carried with no negative votes.

 

Fire Chief’s Report – LaMar moved to accept the report.  Seconded by Budelier.  Chief Slicer expressed his concern regarding the lack of funds available to budget for increasing operational and potential capital expenses.  The board discussed various ways of increasing revenues and Slicer was invited to share fundraising ideas with Gloudemans and the board.  Renfert offered to work with Slicer to develop plans for equipment and operational needs, which would include dollar amounts and timeframes.  The Clerk was asked to bring information to the next meeting on when referenda can be held and what types of expenses can be included in a referendum.  Motion to accept the report carried with no negative votes.  Gloudemans thanked Slicer for his report.

 

Discussion and possible action on distressed property in Village – Gloudemans reported that the owner of the house at 112 Linwood had started a new roof, but did not complete it by July 14 as previously agreed.  Baker moved to mail a letter, with copies sent certified return receipt and delivered personally, which would extend the deadline for completing the roof and removing all debris from the yard and porch to July 30, 2013 and would state that if this deadline is missed, the Village will contact its attorney on July 31 to begin the razing process.  Seconded by LaMar.  Carried by unanimous voice vote.

 

Street Update – LaMar reported that posts and signs are going up, but he is waiting for more signs to arrive.  Gloudemans reported that B&B Paving has patched 4 areas and Rutkowski Trucking has completed street edging.  Regarding semis in the Village, it was noted that Copps can send out an email to vendors advising them on the correct route for trucks to take.  A letter could be sent to Copps regarding the correct route, and a letter could be sent to the City regarding the truck route signage.  Discussion ensued regarding the estimated cost of replacing Village streets.  It was decided to draft a page for the fall newsletter to inform residents and ask for feedback.  Gloudemans and the Clerk will bring a draft to the August board meeting.

 

Odessa Court Update – No report.

 

Village Hall Update – No report.

 

Sewer Update – No report.

 

July Bills – Budelier moved to approve the bills.  Seconded by LaMar.  Motion carried with no negative votes.

 

The next regular Board meeting was scheduled for August 19, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at the Village Hall. 

 

LaMar moved to adjourn the meeting.  Seconded by Budelier.  The meeting adjourned at 7:28 p.m.